Print is Alive and Well
September 28, 2017
Michael Clinton, Hearst Magazines President, Marketing & Publishing Director made a declarative announcement to state that print, is in fact, alive and well. Michael clarifies fact from fiction. Let’s take a look at some facts.
FACT- State of the Magazine Industry:
- 91% of US Adults read Magazine Media
- Top 25 Magazines reach more adults & teens than top 25 TV shows
- Audiences of magazine media have grown 6.4% since 2015
FACT – State of Hearst Business:
- Hearst is up in audience growth for the first half of 2017. The most recent report for the first half of 2017 shows that Hearst was up. More than half of our portfolio has seen audience growth, which is especially impressive considering that many of our brands have increased the cost of their subscriptions. True, the magazine media industry is in a transitional moment, but a few select stats can easily paint a picture that doesn’t reflect the state of our industry.
- Hearst is the number one publisher on the newsstand, with the largest average single copy sale, and six of the top 10 best-selling monthly magazines.
- Hearst drives print circulation with digital and mobile experiences. Through initiatives with digital and mobile partners, we are building print audiences: Our T-Mobile Tuesday promotion in April engaged two million mobile app users and generated hundreds of thousands of paid subscriptions to 13 Hearst magazines in just one day!
Hearst has strong partnerships with brands including The Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort, Warner Bros., Pier 1 and Williams Sonoma. Hearst’s new social initiate; Hearst for Humanity, inspires readers to connect and engage with our editorial content and drive social conversations about important causes.
Great content drives demand, and we’re committed to launching new products in print. Our editors are committed to doing that every month, which is why we see strong and consistent circulation from readers who are passionate about our magazines
Enjoy the Full article on Hearst